We are hoping we will have a pregnancy confirmation around January 2022. Please email then if interested in a pup.
Please email if interested
Please email if interested!
Do all puppies raised get the Puppy Culture program?
YES! All puppies that are born here at Potrero are started in the Puppy Culture program in order to maximize their success as adults. To learn more about how ALL of our pups are raised, click here
How often do females come in season?
- Female dogs come in season approximately every 6 - 9 months. The heat cycle lasts 3 weeks. Some female dogs may only come in season once a year but this is rare.
How long is a dog pregnant? How many puppies do Lowchen have?
- Pregnancy in dogs lasts between 59 - 72 days. The whelp date usually falls around day 63
-Lowchen litters are very small. Our average litter size is 3 puppies
When will you know which puppy is mine?
- Because of the rarity of the breed, all puppies stay at Potrero until 3 months of age. I choose which puppy will go to its new home at 3 months of age.
What age can my puppy come home?
- 3 months old
Do you only sell to show homes?
- Not at all! However due to the Lowchen breed being in danger of going extinct, coupled with a small litter size, my main priority in choosing homes is that most of the puppies are able to contribute to the gene pool out of a given litter. I will likely place just 1 or 2 pups from each litter in a companion home.
How much are puppies?
- All Companion Lowchen puppies are $3500. This price includes beginning crate training and potty training, beginning socialization and obedience training, training to be groomed including having nails trimmed, all age appropriate shots and deworming plus an early eye test for any inherited eye disease and lifetime breeder support. Companion puppies are puppies that will not be entered in competition of any kind. For males, we ask that they may be kept intact so that they can contribute to the gene pool at a later date.
- Performance and Show prospect puppies are $2500. We reduce the price of our prospects, because their owners will be contributing not only to our breeding program by titling and competing with their dogs, but these owners will be promoting the breed on a larger scale and their dog will be a contirbutor to the gene pool. For prospects, I will only be considering homes who have previously demonstrated and have committed to training and titling in competition.
-Advanced Puppy Program $4500. Puppies from our Advanced program are crate trained, potty trained, have started loose leash walking, working on Obedience commands such as SIT, DOWN, COME and STAY. They have also been started on a socialization protocol and get used to grooming. They are around 4 months old when they go to their new homes.
Do you ship puppies?
We do not ship puppies to homes without meeting your in person once beforehand or at the time of pickup. This is so that we comply with APHIS regulations. You would have to make arrangements to come to CA and ship your puppy back with you. We are located in Sonoma County CA.
How do I get on the Wait List for a puppy?
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Let me know if you're interested in a Companion or a Prospect. We first will do an email interview and then a phone interview and in-person meeting. If all goes well, you will be offered a spot on our official wait list. Because of the high demand for puppies, we ask for a "Wait List deposit" of $100. This is so that we know you are serious about wanting a dog from Potrero and not just the first breeder who has pups available. Once you are on our official wait list, you will be notified when a puppy becomes available within the next 3 litters. The $100 will be applied toward your purchase price.